The High Priestess (real name unknown) was the birth mother of the Daughters of Aku, as well as the leader of the all-female Cult of Aku. She serves as the secondary antagonist of Season 5. She was killed by Ashi after she impaled through her chest also her liver possible the heart by the arrow thrown by Ashi and falls off the cliff.
Her true appearance is unknown, but a silhouette of her was shown when she was giving birth to her seven daughters. She was briefly seen from the back as she is being dressed in her outfit, and it is seen that she is slim and has long black hair. Like other members of the cult, she wears a black robe, white mask, and a head covering with horns resembling Aku's, except her head covering has 6 horns instead of four like the other members (possibly signifying her role as the leader of the cult).
She is shown to be wearing some form of jumpsuit made from the same black tar-like substance that the rest of her fellow cultists wear.
The Priestess has the personality of a typical psychotic fanatical cult leader, believing that the service of her master is the most important thing in the world. At some point, she acquired a magical "darkness" from the Pit of Hate and pushed all her daughters into it so that they may become one with the darkness of Aku to receive supernatural abilities.
The Priestess is rather mysterious, as it is currently unknown how she came to be so devoted to Aku, her past and the reasons her worldview is so distorted. The most mysterious aspect is the identity of her male partner that allows her to conceive the septuplets, not to mention that all the cultists are females. She is single-minded in her devotion, lacks any semblance of sympathy, seems to be aristocratic, and possesses great self control. Immediately after giving birth, she is helped into her mask and robe and proceeds like nothing happened. Where most women would be too sick and exhausted to even sit up, she is capable of walking around and giving orders. She does not have any regard for life, as demonstrated by not caring about the deaths of her daughter or the other cult members. She crushes a ladybug in front of Ashi in order to demonstrate her view that life doesn't matter.
She repeatedly tells her daughters that all that is good came from Aku, and that Jack is the reason that the world has problems.
The Priestess is more unfeeling than cruel. Her actions always have a purpose, and are never done for any sort of sadistic enjoyment. She doesn't appear to love her daughters, or bond to the other cultists. The only feelings she has exhibited are those of love for Aku and hatred of Jack. However, she tries to psychologically manipulate Ashi by reminding her of her dead sisters, even though her past actions strongly suggest that she does not care for them, a sign of her manipulative personality. Moreover, she has no problem with killing her own daughter when Ashi betrays her cause.
Her obsession of killing Jack also proves to be her downfall since she lets her guard down long enough for Ashi to impale her with her own arrow to prevent her from killing Jack.
The High Priestess first appears in the first episode of season Five where she shows up during a ceremony being conducted by the Cult of Aku, an all-female cult of devout worshipers of Aku. There, she gives birth to seven girls and puts them through years of hard and intense training to make them into strong ninja assassins who will hopefully track down and kill Samurai Jack, Aku's long-time rival and enemy. After training them, she gives them white female masks and weapons and sends them out into the world to kill Jack.
In the XCVI, the High Priestess makes contact with her eldest and last living daughter Ashi by transforming the Moon into her face. She orders Ashi to kill Jack in his sleep, but she refuses, informing her mother that Jack saved her life and she only wants to know the truth. Shocked, the High Priestess promptly tells Ashi that she has failed her.
In the XCVIII, after Ashi joins Samurai Jack, the High Priestess confronts the Samurai herself along with an army of soldiers while he's distracted with meditating on a mountaintop in order to recover his lost sword. Ashi manages to defeat all the soldiers, but the High Priestess manages to reach the top and fire arrows at the Samurai; though Ashi stops them just in time. Enraged, the High Priestess battles her final child, accusing her of betraying her deceased sisters by letting the Samurai live. However, Ashi denies this and claims she was responsible for their deaths; feeding them with lies and making them assassins with the only purpose in life to kill Samurai Jack. After a fierce fight, the High Priestess eventually overpowers Ashi by dazing her with crumbling debris, and then makes one final attempt to kill the Samurai, though Ashi throws one of her arrows at her at the last second; impaling her through the chest also the liver and causing her to fall off the mountaintop to her death.
- Episode XCII (first appearance)
- Episode XCIV (mentioned)
- Episode XCV (in a dream and then a flashback)
- Episode XCVI (hallucination)
- Episode XCVII (flashback)
- Episode XCVIII (last appearence and death)
- Enhanced Endurance: The High Priestess gave birth to her septuplets with little difficulty. After doing so, she was able to get back on her feet immediately without any signs of fatigue.
- Enhanced Agility: The High Priestess is able to jump on the top of a rock formation with such nimbleness without losing her balance.
- Skilled Assassin: She proved that she could trained her daughters to be top-notched assassins. She also did a good job in erasing any compassion or distractions they have that keeps them from their mission. She is shown to be skilled enough to fight against Ashi, managing to overwhelm her daughter multiple times.
- Leadership Skills: She did lead the other cult members in overseeing the training of her daughters which turned them into Anti-Samurai Jack assassins.
- Enhanced Archery: She is skilled enough to create a rain of arrow similar to the Three Blind Archers with only one bow.
- Kris Knife: She is shown using a Kris knife as her primary weapon.
- Claws: She carries a pair of sharp claws as her secondary weapon.
- Bow and arrow: She uses her bow and arrow to attempt to assassinate Jack.
- She seems to be the only person under Aku's rule who doesn't know that anyone who worships him can see him, as shown by the mud men who visit his lair.
- Contrary to the name of her cult, the High Priestess' dialogue indicates that Aku has never personally interacted with her or anyone else related to their cult. It is implied that Aku himself does not seem to know, or remember, the existence of this cult dedicated to him.
- "Seven daughters to do your bidding, Master. They will succeed where so many others have failed. "
- "Bask in the glory of what our master has created, admire its beauty. But know that the Samurai is out there, leaving a wake of devastation wherever he goes. That's why, my sweet Ashi, the Daughters of Aku must remain deligant. Never relent, always attack."
- "Teach this one a lesson!!"
- "The weak have no place with Aku."
- "Are you weak!? Are you weak!!? Are you weak!!!?"
- "Yes. Aku's fire stirs inside all of you."
- "Ashi, Ashi. Kill the Samurai!!!"
- "Ashi. These frivolous distractions are poisonous for your mission. They are not part of Aku's order."
- "Ashi, what are you doing?"
- "The Samurai sleeps. Kill him in his slumber before he wakes."
- "How dare you? You know he is deceitful! He will do everything in his power to defy the master!"
- "You were always the weak one, distracted, unfocused. May Aku punish you for your sins!"
- "You have failed us."
- "Aku, our lord and master is one with the darkness. He was born from it. It fills him with infinite power. We, too, must become one with it. We are forever grateful and ever in your service.
- "I knew you would fail us. You were the strongest, but the most unfocused. Always distracted, questioning everything. But all that can change. You can still honor our Lord Father. Destroy the Samurai, Ashi."
- "Then you too will die."
- "How could you betray your family? He killed your sisters! And you let him live!"
- "The Samurai is our mortal enemy. He must die at any cost."